copyright

Sunday, September 26, 2010

I'm a slacker



I have been very busy in the shop, but I just have not had the desire to post pictures of the projects that I have completed. I retired on May 28th of 2010. The last day of school, the Vice-Principal informed me that my parting gift to the school was to re-build the podium. This is the completed podium. The darker wood is walnut and the lighter wood is cherry. When I delivered the podium the secretaries were very complimentary. The administration was not at the school at the time. I wrongly assumed that they would at least call and thank me for my free labor. I should have known that they would not. Typical of poor administration is the hubris displayed by them.

I was also able to complete a "Safe" cabinet. My neighbor had a floor safe that he wanted to cover so that it was not as ugly as it is by itself.

I also have another cabinet that I am currently doing for another neighbor. This is an Asian styled gun cabinet. It will have a 12 long gun capacity, cleaning supplies and pistol storage. Pictures to follow. 

2 comments:

  1. I think the podium looks nice.
    I hope the wood wasn't free for the school even though the labor was. If not I would send a nice bill or go get the podium...you gave enough to that school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the cab just sit over the safe or slide into it. Any how they both look good.

    ReplyDelete